Before proceeding please read the following few lines which are policy of Scramble’s Nook.
1) All rescues and bred rats are adopted out with a non-breeding contract.
2) The animal(s) must live with another if it gets on with others for its own welfare.
3) If for any reason you cannot keep the animal, I must be the first person called to discuss rehoming or returning.
4) I require 3 month updates from all my bred rats new homes, this includes health, behavioral notes and dates of, and causes of death etc for my own records to help with my breeding and future litters.
Process for homing rats from me
1. Read the rat care guide in full before emailing me please. Details on the diet, cages, enrichment, health, introductions etc we expect our rats to be keep in/with can be found there.
2. Contact me via email at email@example.com. specify if you would like bred kits or older rats, which gender and any varieties you would prefer. Please bear in mind that we only breed Chocolate at the moment (with the possibility of champagne, buff and british blue) .
3. I will send you the adoption form to Fill out and email it back to me to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will assess you and the prospective home based on your adoption form and offer any advice on how we wish our rats to be kept, this is why its best you familiarise yourselves with the standards of care and husbandry before you apply.
4. If your application is approved you will be added to the waiting list for bred babies (bred babies are £15 each). (WE ONLY HOME IN PAIRS TRIOS OR MORE). You may be waiting up to a year depending on what litters are planned as we only breed once our rats have matured/we are ready to breed for ourselves, not to sell babies, this is a side effect not the cause of us breeding.
5. Allocation of bred rats by me. I only breed mainly for my own lines and to improve them, so i will allocate babies based on your preferences and will do my utmost to try to make sure you get what you ask for, but it is not always possible. Remember variety doesn't make a difference on temperament.
6. Take bred rats home.
7. Lifetime support. We will always give you the best advice we can throughout their lives. For any rats that come from us, whether rescues or not. WE MUST ALWAYS TAKE BACK OUR RATS WHETHER RESCUES OR BRED IF YOU NEED TO REHOME AT ANY POINT FOR ANY REASON.
Please can all our adopters, friends and boarders leave a review on our fb page, now that reviews are enabled on it please?! https://www.facebook.com/scramblesnookrattery/